This has been one of the craziest summers I can remember, and I’m not going to lie I had a very hard time being inspired to write. I think I needed to decide what direction I wanted my blog to go. I told myself in August that I would come back on Labor Day and that passed. I told myself ok, next week that passed. I just wasn’t inspired you know. Then this week I was cleaning and “Bitch don’t kill my vibe” came on and that was my answer. I all of a sudden couldn’t stop writing! I saw a Instagram post about how to protect your vibe and it is so true! I want to lead a positive and inspiring life, and this summer taught me a lot about how to tune out the haters and protect my positive vibes.
- Avoiding gossip and drama– Now this summer was full of personal and professional drama that I had no choice but be apart of. I’m not going to lie, I do like the occasional tea, but it is important not to get sucked into the gossip trap. Gossip and drama honestly just takes the focus off of your life and the things you enjoy. It just breeds negative energy. I want positive vibes only. I choose to focus on my passion project and the people, places and things that are truly important to me.
- Let go of things you cannot control– Now this is one I am still working on. I find myself obsessing and stressing about things that are not in my control. I have to actively tell myself there is nothing I can do, I’ve already done my best. Since I’ve done that, feel like my stress levels are so much lower. There’s a freedom in not worrying about certain things.
- Avoid comparing yourself to others– Stay in your lane and drive your own speed. You will get to where you are trying to go in your own time. Say it with me… Stay in your lane and drive your own speed. When you compare yourself to others your taking your eyes off of whatever your working for. This summer while I was cross-training for a new position, I had to constantly tell myself this. It worked! At work I have laser focus. I know what I am doing and where I am going. This can apply to any area of your life.
- Keep your faith larger than you fears– I don’t know about all of you but I do believe in the the power of prayer and positive thinking. I feel like if you have big dreams then you will have fear, fear of success and fear of the unknown. Keeping faith in yourself, prayer and a positive attitude will take you any where you need to go. I also have a strong faith in myself and my abilities. I know I want to achieve certain things and I know that I will get there. My faith in myself succeeding is far larger than the fear of failure.
- Don’t do anything that doesn’t feel right– Follow your instincts. I used to ignore my instincts and it caused a lot of mess in my life. Not only do I now follow my instincts, I ask follow up questions just to make sure I’m not being crazy. If it doesn’t feel right I just say no. I don’t really give people a reason why, I just say no. Remember, you don’t owe any one an explanation of your feelings. If it doesn’t feel right just say no!
- Please yourself before tying to please others– Putting yourself first is always a difficult thing to do. You want to be there for everyone, no matter the cost to you. At some point you will start to feel resentful of being there for everyone else especially if you feel like your not getting that in return. Take some time to focus on yourself it will be the best time of your life.
- Stay away from people who drain your energy– Ugh, those energy sucking leeches! They take all of your extra energy and leave nothing left for yourself! Limit the time you spend with people like this and don’t let their negative energy seep into your life.
- Ignore any opinions that don’t enhance your life– Everyone has an opinion, some good and some bad. You also have to remember that not everyone wants you to win. Some people will try and place those seeds of doubt and non worthiness into your mind. You have to let people like this go. They are no good for you and don’t really want to see you win. They should be easy to spot lol they say congrats but in the same breathe they have a negative comment.
I have defiantly learned how to protect my vibe this summer. I let go of people, places and things that were not working for my anymore. Protecting your vibe is protecting your happiness! How have you learned to protect your vibe? Let me know in your comments below!
Have a great week!